So hey there, how you doing? It's been a while, we've been down for a bit, but welcome back to hasslerecords.com. Let me explain what's new.
Firstly, we've had a design overhaul, as you can see. We think it looks loads better, and we hope you agree. We've got on every page:
* A pop-up music player. Streaming MP3s that you can choose to listen to at leisure. We're not about forcing it down your throat.
* Our Twitter stream. Basically, it's like the Hassle Records version of Facebook status updates. You can see what we're listening to in the office, what gigs we're off to and just about anything we feel like mentioning. It's a little friendly feature that we like. If you've got a Twitter account, add us at www.twitter.com/hasslerecords
* A link where we talk about Vagrant. You're all always asking us what the deal is, so just click the Vagrant logo and find out. Hopefully that explains it for you.
* Join our mailing list. The majority of our announcements, and those for our Vagrant boyz, are made on our mailing list. Sign up and be the first to know!
*Gigs! A list of the forthcoming Hassle / Vagrant gigs runs down the side of the page, but we also have a pop-up calendar which contains all the info on the various shows. We want to aid you in the good times.
* Our Flickr stream. Photos we've taken on a little badge. But also photos you've taken too. If you've taken a picture of one of our bands, tag it on Flickr
and it'll appear in the stream. Lovely stuff!
And then along the top, we've got the various sections of the site.
Here, we just give you a little smidgen of info on our current roster, and give you links to their own website, Myspace and Wikipedia page. We don't see the point in just copy and pasting the official biogs we send out to press and the like, but if you do want to find out more about a band, the links we've given you should more than satisfy.
In this section, we'll be looking to give you some exclusive content from each of our bands. It's currently not up and running, as we want to amass as much awesome stuff as possible, and that takes time, but when it's up, you'll be able to get exclusive downloads, wallpapers, icons, and all sorts of other goodies. So stay tuned, and we'll announce through the blog, Twitter or mailing list.
Does exactly what it says on the tin. Watch Youtube videos of our bands' promos, or find video podcasts, or tour diaries, or studio diaries, or whatever we can get our hands on. If we can get our hands on it, so will you!
Where we tell you all about Hassle Records (including contact info), what we're listening to in the office, show off our entire discography (complete with shopping links), give you a bunch of links to cool stuff, and then display a non-Hassle featured artist for you to check out. Have a wander about this section and drink it all in.
We've got a Tumblr
blog, where we display a record of the week each week from our friends at Banquet Records in Kingston, and also show you cool videos on YouTube or link to wicked news stories we come across. It's in the infant stages right now, but if you
you come across, we'll blog it and give you the credit! Cool, huh?
We're getting our own webstore sorted at the moment, for both physical products (CDs / vinyl) and downloads, and also a dedicated place where you can see a whole bunch of merch from Hassle bands. Just so you don't have to go trawling around the internets, like.
Click this, and it brings up a pop-up of our gigs calendar. Easy readable, and most shows will have ticketing info and all that jazz.
And so yeah, there you have it. Hasslerecords.com is back and a lot better for the time away. Hope you like it as much as we do.
Mike Hassle (on behalf of the whole team)